Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcome to the 1st Monday of the New Year

Happy Monday!  Are we excited to be up and at 'em on this fine day in Washington state?  If not, you should be.  Just the act of waking up and knowing you are alive should be enough to put a slight smile on your face.  As my Grandmother always told me any day above the dirt is a good day.  Must be where I get my optimistic nature from.  I like to carry on that thought throughout my days.  It isn't always easy and it doesn't always work, but as I figure as long as I hit that mark at least 1/2 of the time I am doing better than most.

What is there to be thankful for, you ask?  Well, to begin with are able to communicate and interact with others.  I can't imagine how mundane life would be without these interactions.  Granted, it wouldn't be all that much fun if everyone we interacted with had a bad attitude, but this is where YOU have the choice to choose with whom you interact.  Sure, we don't have a say about everyone in our life, but we do have the say regarding how much time we spend around that person and/or how much we are going to let that person affect us.

I am grateful for that.  I have had quite a life so far and have learned that I can make my own decisions and be my own leader without worrying about what the people around me think.  It is quite refreshing to be able to get to that point with my own life.  I wish the same for everyone I know. 

Take one day at a time, look for the 'silver lining' and be thankful for the ability to make your own decisions and choose happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment